My wonderful, crazy life as a SAHM of 2

A daily account of what my life is like being a SAHM and homeschooler of 2 with an emphasis on being MOM.

WEB RINGS
[ <5 | << | < | > ] Homeschooling Blogs [ >> | >5 | ? | #
< ? Blogging Mommies # >
« # SAHM Bloggers ? »

A Fun, Exciting Home Business Even Your Kids Will Love!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Happy "belated" Mother's Day!

I have been meaning to post but everytime I try something comes up! :-0 )

I was a little upset on Mother's Day because my husband didn't acknowledge Mother's Day for me. I know I am whining, but my kids are too young to say "happy mother's day" so I was hoping that my husband would "say" it for them. Just to acknowledge me.

It has really been a tough adjustment for me, being home; I am used to getting recognized for the "work" I do out in the "real world", but here at home, it is a whole other ball game!

I saw on "The Today Show" I believe that if a SAHM was paid and paid fairly she would get paid over $130,000 a year! That is astounding! Most Daddy's I don't think stop to think about all the WORK that goes into being home all day with the kids. Just a little "Happy Mother's Day" would have made my day!

By the way, I haven't checked it out yet, but if anyone has, let me know. There is a new book out called "The Mommy Brain". I also saw that on the aforementioned show and it looks interesting. Sometimes, my brain feels like it is getting mushy! I spend all day doing the "baby talk". :-) My daughter is the oldest, but she hasn't really started talking yet, so somedays in is quite interesting! But, I thought the book might be interesting to check out.

Thanks for listening to me "whine". :-)

3 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    your hubby didn't tell you 'happy mother's day'? he sounds like he needs a good bonking. with a big stick. ;-)

    happy mother's day! from one mom to another.

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Leigh Burge said…

    Thanks! :-) Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!!

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Kristy said…

    aww, that is too bad bout your hubby not acknowledging mommies day!!

    happy LATE mothers day!!

    Kristy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home